Friday, August 14, 2009

The Time Travelers Wife...


I am sure most of you or even all of you have heard about or seen the trailer to this movie. I know it started today, and I can't wait to see it! I am currently reading the book, and I absolutely LOVE it. It was a little confusing at first to catch on to what was going on...but once you do you will be SUCKED in...this book is a great read and so well written. If you are looking for a page-turner...this is it! I find myself wrapped up in Clare's journey with Henry...I couldn't imagine being involved with a man that is there in just bits and pieces of your life. If anyone else is reading the book...I would love to hear your thoughts on it. ; )

I don't usually have the time to read with 2 kiddies, but I have made the time to on this one. Reading is such an escape to everyday reality!!! I am already half way through the book and will be looking for another great read...if you have any suggestions...I would love to know what books y'all would recommend. ; )

Happy Reading!


7 comments:

Molly said...

I love that book, and I seriously sucked in my breath the first time I saw the preview for TTW, can't wait to see it. I get sucked in by anything by Marian keyes or Jennifer Weiner...Goodnight nobody and Little Earthquakes are about Motherhood.

klawellin said...

So did I...the trailer gave me chills! ; ) Thanks for the book suggestions...I will have to check them out.

Amber Filkins said...

I'm reading that book right now! I know of SO many people reading it right now {of course}. :) I am not that far into it, but it's good so far. I think I'm still in that awkward, trying to figure out the whole flipping back & forth stuff. But I'll get into it soon. I brought it to the beach, then forgot it in the hotel. :(

Jacqueline Miller said...

This is one of my absolute favorite books! I think it will be interesting to see how they've translated it into a movie.

klawellin said...

Amber...I did the same thing in the beginning too...sometimes I still do it! ; ) You will get sucked into it...just wait. = )

Brooke...It is a favorite of mine now too. I was thinking the same thing too...it will be interesting to see what they use in the movie and how they translate it. I am going to finish the book and then see the movie. I can't wait! ; )

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

I REALLY want to see that movie once I read the book! But with trying to finish writing my own book and chasing a very active baby girl around, life gets in the way of reading at times :P

Quiltingranny said...

Haven't read the book, but want to see the movie, it looks so great!